Friday, November 14, 2008

Something has changed...and not just the weather!

I don't know what it is...I don't know how to explain it...but things around here have just changed. My kids have become two of the most enjoyable people I know. I've prepared to take on the "threes" with gusto. I've geared up to say absolutely "no" to every ridiculous request. I've even gone so far as to look up reputable therapists and have them on speed dial so when I'm nearing the edge I can just press one single button. BUT...everything has changed. Mad and Mac are so funny...so enchanting....and even down right rational most times.... I'm loving the three's (ok..don't quote me on that...I'm only two weeks in)

I can't believe I'm saying that two 3-year olds are rational....Especially since my morning began with my daughter saying to me "Mommy please don't put a pony in your hair today!" with as much passion in her voice as any actor has while accepting an Oscar (It truly was an award winning moment). I must have had a great day today...which I did....I enjoyed my job thoroughly today and got to come home and play with Mad and Mac. GE and I laugh out loud every single day at something that's said by one of them either to us or to each other. Their "adult" conversations are hilarious. It really makes me know that they are truly listening to what is being said to them and to anyone else in the vicinity.

I'm enjoying every minute of it....

ps...we're 6 days into the no paci land and I think we've kicked our habit!! Wahoo!!

post signature

No comments: