Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey, Turkey, Turkey Day!!

My YUMMY turkey is done!!
Getting settled in for a long winter's night!

Or maybe some clowning around with my family!


Playing before the feast!!

Higher Grampa, Higher!!


Wahoo!! I made my first turkey and it actually turned out FANTASTIC...I want to even say perfect but I'll hold back...although it was on the edge of perfection. We spent the whole day feasting, sleeping, feasting, playing, feasting and then when we all got tired of that we had dessert compliments of my sister-in-law....which were also very close to the edge of perfection!! We went around the table and asked Mad and Mac and their cousin what they were most thankful for today and a person has got to love the innocence of children. Mad declared that "cars" were to be thanked, Mac proclaimed that she was most thankful for "babies" and little Lo was absolutely appreciative of "Tinkerbell". As a matter of fact, pretty much any question we posed to Miss Lo this lovely holiday was answered in kind with "Tinkerbell". I think maybe some of her cousin's OCD was rubbing off on her. Mad spent most of his day trying not to step on the grout lines while walking through the house....I know...therapist on speed dial if it gets too obsessive. Mac spent her day trying very hard to boss both Mad & Lo around. She succeeded most of the day which made it an extra special turkey day for her.

We watched some great football and then some hired field laborers, I mean our hubbies, doing lots and lots of work outside....yea, we're all still shocked by the fact that they did physical labor too.. Who knew they had it in them???
post signature

No comments: